Despite how much you want to be by your children’s side all days of their lives to take care of them, that is not the reality of life. And surely, you do not want your children to always be under your shadow. You can, instead, instill some positive habits in your children so that they can just take good care of themselves without your presence. You can start teaching them these habits during their early childhood years for them to maintain both a happy mind and a healthy body.
The earlier you instill in your children these positive habits, the earlier for them to benefit from the good things that they bring. By introducing these positive habits early on, you are promoting the development of their mental health and physical health. But as a parent, you must avoid teaching these positive habits by force but instead look for effective ways that you can incorporate these habits in their day-by-day lives. As your children will grow older, they will begin to understand the values that you have instilled in them while they were younger.
Here are some of the positive habits that you must instill in your children:
1. The importance of breakfast – Teach your children the importance of eating their breakfast by sitting with them during this particular meal time and serving them a wholesome breakfast to keep them energized in the activities that they will do for the day. An active body can only be attained by your child by serving them a healthy breakfast. Make sure to include some cereals, eggs, fresh fruits, and milk to their breakfast.
2. A fixed time for eating meals – You must establish a fixed time for all your meals of the day. This will ensure that all members of the family will be gathered together in one table at fixed times every single day including your children. This pattern will not only ensure that your children eat healthy meals but also ensure that your bond as a family is strengthened. Your child will value better the moments that you share with your family.
3. Cleanliness – For most children, poor oral hygiene is the most common bad habit. As early as possible, you have to teach your child how they can properly brush and floss their teeth and gums at least twice in one day. Also teach your children the importance of washing their hands before and after meals. During their initial years, you can make their bath time more fun by introducing some bath toys and playing some games while they are taking a bath.
4. A sleeping routine – Just like your meal times, your children’s sleep time must also be fixed. Your biological clock is a crucial cue for your system, most especially your children. It will ensure that they get enough sleep at night and enough time for their activities during the day.
5. Keeping oneself physically active – It is crucial that you allow your child to discover the gun of keeping themselves physically active. Try to introduce your children to extracurricular activities and sports such as dancing, gymnastics, and swimming. Your children can benefit from being physically active as they will have improved appetite and sound sleep that will help them maintain a healthy lifestyle.