As a parent, you have roles to fulfill in the lives of your children. Taking care of them, for starters, should not just mean catering to their physical needs but also their psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs. Child care is considered an art where you can bear witness to your child growing up from a toddler into a confident child. Parenting gives you a certain kind of fun and happiness that you cannot find elsewhere, and it is crucial to molding your children into whom they should be in the future.
Children ages 5 to 6 typically venture into primary school. This is usually the time where your child is finally put their bag packs on and stroll to school. This is also the time where they become more affectionate and cooperative. If you are a parent to a child within this age range, here are a few tips to taking care of them better.
• Always make time for them. More than material supplication, you have to find ways to spend more time with them and helping them with their daily activities. This allows your child to bond with your better and feel your presence.
• Your child needs you the most during this time more than your household and work responsibilities. Always talk to them. Ask them about anything interesting that has happened to them in school, how they feel about their subjects, and what they prefer doing right this instant. This gives them an opportunity to speak to you with no reservations. This also implies no secrets from them.
• Feed them right. Fill their lunch box with tasty and healthy food. Never think that all that is healthy tastes bad. Find some ways to prepare them interesting and healthy food that is tasty so you can spread the taste if sharing must happen in school.
• Raise happy children. Always teach your child that happiness is a must in life and that whatever they do, they must do it with happiness in their hearts.
• Give them time to play outside. Allow them to appreciate nature. Let them get scars and falls. You can always cure these things. Some children of today are living lives devoid of fun because their attention is always stuck on their electronic gadgets.
• Instill in them a positive attitude and mind. You should raise your child to always see the good in things and be optimistic. Teaching this to them even at a younger age will be deeply rooted to them until they grow old.
• Take care of yourself to take care of them. Child care becomes more effective if you are physically and mentally well. Always serve as an inspiration to them. Try to be the best version of yourself every single day.
• Never hurt or hit them. Once you hurt them, they will not be seeing things clearly anymore. If they have done something wrong, talk to them and explain why it is wrong in words that are simple to understand. Though they may not grasp completely what you are telling them, they will now learn how they should reach on certain scenarios.
• Keep them motivated. Always be there for them in everything they initiate to do. Instill in them the mentality that they are free to follow their hearts as long as they feel right and are not hurting others.